The 英语 department consists of a highly skilled, supportive and enthusiastic group of five specialist 英语 teacher (3 of which are former Heads of 英语). We are in a constant state of evaluation and reflection about the impact of the work that we do, and constantly seeking ways to improve and grow on the Department’s expertise. We work 关闭ly together to sustain the high standards that are expected by colleagues, 家长与学生.
The aim of the KS3 英语 curriculum is to promote high standards of language and literacy by equipping pupils with a strong command of the spoken and written word while developing a love of literature through the widespread reading for enjoyment. 正规网赌软件排行的目标是支持学生:
- Develop the habit of reading widely and often, for both pleasure and information
- 扩大词汇量, an understanding of 语法 and knowledge of linguistic conventions for reading, 写作和口语
- 写清楚, 准确连贯, adapting their language and style in and for a range of contexts, 目的和受众
- Use discussion in order to learn; they should be able to elaborate and explain clearly their understanding and ideas
- 要善于说和听的艺术, 正式演讲, 向他人展示和参与辩论.
- 培养对阅读的欣赏和热爱, and read increasingly challenging material independently through:
- 广泛阅读小说和非小说类书籍, 尤其是整本书, 短篇小说, 诗歌和戏剧体裁广泛, 历史时期, 表格和作者.
- 英语 literature, both pre-1914 and contemporary, including prose, poetry and drama
- choosing and reading books independently for challenge, interest and enjoyment.
- re-reading books encountered earlier to increase familiarity with them and provide a basis for making comparisons.
- 学习新词汇, relating it explicitly to known vocabulary and understanding it with the help of context and dictionaries
- making inferences and referring to evidence in the text
- 了解目的, audience for and context of the writing and drawing on this knowledge to support comprehension
- checking their understanding to make sure that what they have read makes sense.
- 了解语言, 包括比喻性语言, 词汇的选择, 语法, text structure and organisational features present meaning
- recognising a range of poetic conventions and understanding how these have been used
- studying setting, plot, and characterisation, and the effects of these
- understanding how the work of dramatists is communicated effectively through performance and how alternative staging allows for different interpretations of a play making critical comparisons across texts
- studying a range of authors, including at least two authors in depth each year.
- write accurately, fluently, effectively and at length for pleasure and information through:
- writing for a wide range of 目的和受众, including:
- well-structured formal expository and narrative essays
- stories, scripts, poetry and other imaginative writing
- notes and polished scripts for talks and presentations
- a range of other narrative and non-narrative texts, including arguments, personal and formal letters
- 总结和组织材料, and supporting ideas and arguments with any necessary factual detail
- 运用他们不断增长的词汇知识, 语法 and text structure to their writing and selecting the appropriate form
- drawing on knowledge of literary and rhetorical devices from their reading and listening to enhance the impact of their writing.
- considering how their writing reflects the audiences and purposes for which it was intended
- 修改词汇, 语法 and structure of their writing to improve its coherence and overall effectiveness
- 注意语法准确, punctuation and spelling; applying the spelling patterns and rules set out in Appendix 1 to the key stage 1 and 2 programmes of study.
- consolidate and build on their knowledge of 语法 and vocabulary through:
- extending and applying the grammatical knowledge set out in Appendix 1 to the key stage 1 and 2 programmes of study to analyse more challenging texts
- studying the effectiveness and impact of the grammatical features of the texts they read
- drawing on new vocabulary and grammatical constructions from their reading and listening, and using these consciously in their writing and speech to achieve particular effects
- knowing and understanding the differences between spoken and written language, including differences associated with formal and informal registers, and between Standard 英语 and other varieties of 英语
- using Standard 英语 confidently in their own writing and speech
- 讨论阅读, 写作和口语 with precise and confident use of linguistic and literary terminology
- speak confidently and effectively, including through:
- using Standard 英语 confidently in a range of formal and informal contexts, 包括课堂讨论
- giving short speeches and presentations, expressing their own ideas and keeping to the point
- participating in formal debates and structured discussions, 总结和/或建立在已经说过的基础上
- 即兴创作, rehearsing and performing play scripts and poetry in order to discuss language use and meaning, 使用角色, 语调, 语气, 体积, 情绪, 沉默, 静止和行动可以增加冲击力.
Links to useful sites for KS3 students, parents and members of the public
http://www.英国广播公司.co.英国/ skillswise /英语